Monday, February 22

Oh Baby!

Thanks to the cold that felt like it would never end, I had to wait a WHOLE WEEK to meet my new niece, Lea. I have never been so mad about being sick.

I finally got to see and hold her for the first time on Saturday. (Please excuse the complete lack of make-up. It was a lazy day!)

Isn't she precious? I am pretty sure she is waving at me.

Ah...babies. They are pretty fabulous.

I have been pretty unaccountable about food, so I am going to try to do a better job of taking pictures for the blog.

Breakfast was a nice warm coffee cup full of oatmeal. I love oatmeal in the winter, especially on days like today when it is below freezing! It warms you up from the inside out!


My mid-morning snack was a fabulous combination of protein and carbohydrates: cottage cheese and peaches!

Totally yummy and filling.


I had a turkey sandwich and baby carrots for lunch which looked pretty much like this one, but I forgot to take a picture!

My pre-kickboxing afternoon snack (and New Food) was a Cherry Pie Larabar.

I love that these bars are 100% natural. Three ingredients? Awesome!


I was tempted my a mini Milky Way this afternoon (enough to take a picture), but didn't end up eating it. I am saving that tasty morsel for a chocolate craving.


Kickboxing was good tonight, but I can tell that I am still only 90% back to full health because I got a little lightheaded at the end of class. I can't wait to have my endurance back!

I wasn't very hungry after class tonight, so I made myself a nice salad.

Add some grilled chicken and italian dressing and viola! A delicious dinner!

I prepared a nice snack for later tonight, too: frozen blueberries and strawberry yogurt.

I was in a good mood tonight, bumming around the kitchen and made Husband dance with me. Sorry about the blurry photo, but it was too cute to delete!


It feels great to be back. Have a great night!

1 comment:

  1. What a fun post!
    1) love the picture of you with Lea, you look blissfully happy holding your new niece.
    2) I love cottage cheese and peaches too! Except not that runny. Chad actually tried cottage cheese for the first time ever last night!
    3) That picture of you and husband is so sweet. I miss you guys!

    ReplyDelete