Monday, January 11

Lost and Found

FitBit Found
The prodigal FitBit has been found! Husband found it under the couch. I was sure that I looked there! Oh, well! Thank goodness he found it. I was so sad when I lost it.

Now that I am back to work, I will need it as motivation to stay active and keep moving. This is harder to do when I sit at a desk for 8 hours a day, so any motivation is good motivation!

I haven't had it back for long, but long enough to see how much my activity level goes down during the week. I am not the best at remembering to wear it everyday, so I only have a couple full days worth of activity.

Activity During Break:
Day 1: 15,778 steps
Day 2: 10,376 steps

Activity During Work Week
Day 1: 4,884 steps
Day 2: 4,046 steps

Wow! It looks like my work week activity needs to be kicked up a notch - or two! Granted, they are both non-cardio days, but non-cardio shouldn't mean barely mobile!

Green Monster
I had my first Green Monster today! I was scared to try it at first, but it was good!

All I did was blend 2 cups raw spinach, 1 cup unsweetened vanilla almond milk, 1 tablespoon of flax seed, a banana and some ice. It kept me full until around 11:30, just in time for lunch! Despite the color, I couldn't taste the spinach at all. It just tasted like banana smoothie. I will definitely be making it again.

Nerd Alert
I am happily curled up on the couch watching the season premiere of Chuck tonight. I love this show. I also love mixed berries and plain yogurt! Yum!

This week's Chuck episode featured a training montage spoof. I love a good training montage! The training scene from Rocky I is still the best and always gets me pumped up and itching to go to another bag kickboxing class!

What motivates you to stay active? What gets you pumped up for a good workout?

No comments:

Post a Comment