Sunday, July 17

Holy Hotness, Batman!

Long time, no blog. As we say at work, "a lot has changed." By that, I mean that very little has changed, but life definitely got in the way of the blog. So, loyal readers, I apologize and I am back. As for you non-loyal readers, welcome!

One of the biggest changes in my life has been Zumba. I went to my first class in March and got HOOKED! I go to 4-5 classes a week and love it! I always thought it sounded cheesy, but the classes are so much fun and I have found some amazing instructors.

I sweat like crazy in class. I suppose it is because I really get into it and I would sweat less if I would just calm down a bit...but where is the fun in that? One of my favorite bloggers at The Chic Life is actually at the Zumba convention this week (lucky!) and she took a picture a that contains my new favorite saying: "I am so fabulous - I sweat glitter." I need to find a t-shirt with that on it!


Speaking of sweat-tasticness...
We went away for a lovely long weekend and came back to a heat index and a broken air conditioner!

Here is the heat index map for tonight, after things have "cooled down" a bit.

Source: NOAA

Luckily, we were able to get a hold of a nice overheated, overworked repairman to fix it. All I really took away from today was "leak....something, something....fried motherboard....something, something...$500." Ouch! Being a homeowner is expensive!

It is going to be a hot week, so I am just glad that our air is back on. Thank goodness for small favors!

How are you planning on staying cool this week?

No comments:

Post a Comment