Saturday, January 16

Working Out is Hard to Do

Recommitting to healthy lifestyle can be difficult and getting back into a regular exercising routine can be the hardest part.

It is easy to overwork yourself at the beginning and wear yourself out. A girlfriend of mine said it best with emoticons:


As the late, great comedian, Mitch Hedberg, said:
"People who smoke cigarettes, they say "Man, you don't know how hard it is to quit smoking." Yes, I do. It's as hard as it is to start flossing."

It can be as hard to start flossing as it is to start exercising. You know that it is something you "should" be doing, but that doesn't make it any easier to do.

One thing that can help make starting an exercise routine is finding something you enjoy. Or at the VERY least, something that is more fun than flossing. A couple years ago, I fell in love with kickboxing. It is a great cardio workout and I love the feel of kicking butt early in the morning. I am addicted to kickboxing classes that involve a heavy bag. They are the best!

I am spending part of the weekend preparing for my own kickboxing class. I am scheduled to teach my very first kickboxing class on Monday and I am kind of freaking out about it. Ek!!

4 comments:

  1. I loved that collection of smiley faces. That is SO true.

    ReplyDelete
  2. It really rung a bell with me too. I laughed out loud when I got that IM!

    ReplyDelete
  3. You will do great with your class!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks, Tali! It went better than I expected. Everyone was really nice, so it actually turned out to be a fun time! And, it doesn't hurt that I just got paid to work out. :)

    ReplyDelete