Monday, January 4

What Have You Done Today...?

I guess I watched a little too much Biggest Loser over the past week because theme song has been running through my head all day, "What have you done today to make you feel proud?"

Not that it is a bad thing to have in the back of your mind during the day! Instead of ignoring it, I actually gave it some thought.

What have I done today to make me feel proud?
  • Made healthy food choices
  • Maintained a positive attitude
  • Went to kickboxing class - after work no less! (I tend to make deals with myself in the morning while still in bed: I can sleep in if I go to the gym at lunch/after work, etc. I follow through about 10% of the time, so working out after work is definitely an accomplishment!)
That kickboxing class kicked my booty, too. I actually felt light headed and nauseous by the end - not fun! At first, I got frustrated with myself because I have gotten out of out of shape, lost endurance, blah, blah, blah and then I came to a realization: I barely ate anything today!

Silly Joy, you need FOOD for intense cardio! It turns out that I didn't fall wildly out of shape in 4 days. Whew! What a relief!

Why is it so easy to assume the worst about ourselves? We need to remember what we do everyday to make ourselves proud and celebrate our successes!

No comments:

Post a Comment