Sunday, January 3

Pumpkin Top of the Morning to You!

I love using quiet Sunday afternoon to prepare healthy food for the week ahead. I have been on vacation for a week and a half and it is time to get ready for Monday!

One of my favorite handmade recipes is for Pumpkin Oatmeal Tops. They are great on the go and perfect for when my stomach starts to growl in the afternoon.

It is a very versatile recipe and alternatives are included in parentheses.

Pumpkin Oatmeal Tops
2 1/2 c total of whole grains (I used 1 3/4 c oatmeal, 1/4 c cornmeal and 1/2 c oatbran)
1 c pumpkin (applesauce, banana, etc.)
1/4 c unsweetened applesauce
1/3 c fructose or equivalent splenda
1 c milk (evaporated milk, yogurt)
1 1/2 t baking powder
1 t baking soda
1/2 t salt
2 eggs
Raisins (optional)
1 t cinnamon
1/4 t nutmeg

(Today I used t pumpkin pie spice instead of cinnamon and nutmeg.

Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes. Makes twelve muffins or muffin tops.

First, I took the the ingredients. A girl must be prepared before the baking begins!


I used a little elbow grease to mix everything together.


Twelve unbaked muffin tops sitting in a row. H-U-N-G-R-Y!


At last!


Aren't they beautiful?


They melt in your mouth, not in your hand!


Now, I am off to make a healthy lunch for tomorrow. Hum...what to make???

No comments:

Post a Comment