Friday, January 1

Happy 2010!

We had a great New Year's Eve and celebrated with good friends, good food and good football! Iowa State University won the Insight Bowl, which was just another excuse to celebrate last night.

Husband and I started getting ready for company by browning pot roast. Well, Husband browned the pot roast.

I cut up red potatoes and added them to baby carrots and onions in our baby crock pot.

I also put out some green grapes, carrots, broccoli and cauliflower for snacking. Good and good for you!

And a pot roast meal is not complete without mashed potatoes! We ended up only eating the Bob Evans Sour Cream and Onion mashed potatoes and they were pretty tasty. Especially when compared to the amount of effort required for preparation!


Later in the night we broke out the champagne, but my camera was no where to be found, so I took morning-after pictures of the "evidence."


We used a bottle of Veuve Clicquot Ponsardin for our toast. Fancy, fancy! Husband and I bought the bottle LAST December for my birthday, but never got around to drinking it.


It was great to be able to share it and the New Year with some of our favorite people. I hope everyone had as good of a time on New Year's Eve as we did!

Hello, 2010! It is going to be a great year!

No comments:

Post a Comment