Wednesday, February 24

I Can't Feel My Legs

My legs are burning today! 

I finally went back to my strength training class yesterday morning and it was a tough one.  It was a lower body day, which I haven't been to in months.  I didn't look at the schedule beforehand intentionally because I didn't want an excuse to miss class. 

I am not a fan of lower body days, but I know that I need to do it.  I working on getting back into the habit of going to my 6:15 class every morning.  This is easier said than done! 

Here was my workout:
Quads

Squats
Lunges
Standing Leg Extension
Seated Leg Extension

Hamstrings
Reverse Lunge
Standing Leg Curl
Lying Leg Curl

Adducts/Abducts
Inner Leg Lift
Outer Leg Lift

Gluts
Donkey Kicks
Straight Leg Hip Raises

Abs w/ Medicine Ball
Straight Leg Crunches
Toe Tappers
Sky Lifts

We do 3 sets of 16 with resistance bands for all muscle groups.  Aside from abs, of course! 

I am also participating in a challenge at the center where you get points for extra activity, so I did:
  • 90 Roundhouse Kicks
  • 150 Medicine Ball Crunches
  • 50 Push Ups
  • 50 Crunches
Whew!  It was good to be back!

Photos
I took a lot of pictures yesterday, but wasn't able to use any of them because I left my memory card in my computer!  Blurg!  The good news is that I am armed and dangerous with my camera AND memory card today.

What health and fitness activities do you avoid?

No comments:

Post a Comment